Monday 16 March 2015

Saint Patrick's Day Parfait


Kiwi, Spinach & Banana Parfait 


Chia seed layer
Ingredient's

1C flax milk or one of your choice ( reg or vanilla flavor )
2 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp shredded coconut ( optional )
Sweetener of your choice ( I used 1/2 packet of stevia )
*use organic when possible*

*Looking to add other options? How about protein powder, yogurt, psyllium powder, quick oats. Keep in mind you will most likely need to add a bit more liquid to accommodation the new ingredient's depending on how much you add. Play around with it.

Method

Mix well and let sit over night in fridge. 
I used a mason jar & lid to make it easy to shake & mix all together

Smoothie layer
Ingredient's

1 frozen banana
3 kiwis -peels removed
1C spinach
1/2 tsp liquid chlorophyll or spirulina  ( optional ) 
You can add a sweeter if you wish. I found it sweet enough
*tip for when freezing & using bananas. After you have peeled the banana make sure you cut it into pieces to help it blend easier. A whole frozen banana takes longer & is harder on your machine.
I use zip lock bags when I freeze mine as I find it easier to break the pieces apart for using.
Yields approx 2 cups

Method 

Blend in a high speed blender ( I used my Vitamix )
Layer in a bowl or glass and enjoy! 
You can add extra nutrient boosters in between the layers or on top. Items such as hemp seeds, flax meal, more fruit & nuts. 
However you choose to eat this whether you follow the recipe or choose to switch it up, I hope you enjoy and may you be Nutritionally Well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment