Friday 6 November 2015

Veggie Flat Bread




I love left overs plus I don't like to waste food. I know a lot of people don't like left overs but they are the best ingredients for creating another recipe with. They are full of flavour and just sitting there conveniently ready to be used. 
This is what I did with my left overs.

Ingredients 

1/2 cup potato
1/2 cup sweet potato
1 cup carrots 
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Pepper to taste 
1/2 cup flour ( I used garbanzo ) aka chick pea flour
*use organic when possible*

Method

Pre heat oven to 425 F
Add all ingredients except flour into a blender ( I used my vitamix ) and pureƩ till smooth. It's ok if there are a few small pieces in it.
Remove from the blender to a bowl and add the flour. Mix well
The mix will be sticky so be prepared to get your fingers a bit gooey. 
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
Now spread the mix into the shape you wish, making sure it's as even as possible so it cooks evenly. Approx 1/4 inch thick. Even thinner if you'd like just watch the time. The thinner the quicker it will cook. Don't want the chance of this burning.


Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.


Top it right away with your favourite ingredients and pop it back into the oven for about another 10 minutes or place the flat bread with parchment paper onto a cooling rack to allow it to cool and save it for later or store for another day.
You don't have to serve this as a flat bread/pizza even. You can use it for bread to make a sandwich or panni or even cut into shapes as a base for an appie. I cut mine into 6 squares so I could top them each with different ingredients for a variety plus kept 2 squares to make a sandwich with tomorrow. 


The options are yours.
However you choose to serve this up, know that every left over is useful and is waiting to be added to your next creation. Mostly may you be Nutritionally Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment