Thursday 9 March 2017

Ohitashi

Pin It!




I'm sharing a favourite appetizer of mine that I often order when I go out for sushi. I'm not sure why I've never tried making it. I think because I eat sushi at least once a week. Yup a slight obsession of mine for those who don't know that about me.
Here is what I came up with.

Spinach

1 container of 312g of tripled pre-washed organic spinach leaves
**I also made one with exactly the same as above with a spring mix minus the radicchio (seen below)



Method

Boil spinach, drain/rinse and squeeze and squeeze as much water out with tongs to remove the bulk of the water. This will make the spinach more compact and easier to squeeze with your hands without spinach slipping out on you. Now squeeze the rest of the water out with your hands till spinach is very compact and dry. 
Divide spinach in half as this is for two servings and shape the spinach into somewhat of a ball or tater tot like shapes. You could also leave it as one piece but I think three or four or more small ones are a nicer way to eat these. You get more balance in flavours that way.

 



Sweet Miso Dressing

1/4 C white miso
1/4 C luke warm water
2 tbsps agave syrup
1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar 
1 tsp tahini
Sesame seeds for garnish  
**use organic when possible**
Yields 2 appetizer servings
 

Method

Add all miso sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
Drizzle over spinach peices and garnish with sesame seeds white, black or both
Serve chilled
Enjoy! 



Next is to successfully master their salad dressing. That I just can't figure out. For now at least.
May you find this recipe as nummy as I did and mostly may you be Nutritionally Well.



No comments:

Post a Comment