Friday 19 July 2013

Wakame Seafood Noodle Salad

                                     
Talk about Nutrient Dense and low in calories. Now you have heard of seaweed and you have heard of wakame perhaps, but have you heard of this new fabulous product?. This is my new not your average noodle discovery. Wakame seaweed in noodle form. It is so different from kelp noodles in texture and taste. These are smooth like regular noodles and no bitter taste to hide as with the kelp.

                   Here's a picture of the package and the nutrition facts too. So you know what to look for.



Just look at this facts panel. Not only is this product Vegan, Gluten free, GMO free, per serving which is half the bag, ( I personally eat one bag just myself ) is high in protein, Vit A, Vit C, Calcium & Iron.
It's low in Fat, calories & saturated fats.
Now that's what's on the label. Not on the label is Vit B1, B2, B3, B5, Vit E, Vit K, folate, Omega 3, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Iodine. 
With these noodles all you have to do is rinse and add what ever you like to it. This is what I added to my first try with them..

1 package of Oodles
Organic spinach
Napa cabbage
Organic snap peas
Red onion
Sole
Shrimp
Chia seeds
Organic tamari
Toasted sesame oil

I just used what I had in the house. I can't wait to explore more flavors with these.
Use organic when possible.

Check out this Livestrong article which includes Wakame info and much more on other seaweeds and their recipes.
For a nutritional boost, add shredded seaweed to salads and soups.



No comments:

Post a Comment