Wednesday 1 January 2014

Spiralized Asian Flare Salad

If you haven't heard of a spiralizer, allow me to introduce you. 


 This little kitchen helper is AMAZING, if you don't mind me saying. There are a few different kinds. This one was best suited for me. Not cheap as this one with tax was around $100. Some others are more expensive, but I believe it's a great investment & fantastic addition to my kitchen and my families health.
    Spiralizers aren't in every house hold but many do know about it, especially our raw foodie friends.
Zucchini, beets, daikon radish &. carrots our amoung the favorites to use with this. These wonderful veggies come out in a pasta like form which makes this great for those cutting down on there carb consumption or just tryng out new ways to eat there veggies or create a new salad recipe. Here's an example using beets as I forgot to take pictures using the ingredients for the recipes I'm about to post. 
 

Most days I wake up early and the first thing I think about is what am I going to make for dinner that night, ok and lunch. I don't have to think about breakfast as it is usually the usual, a shake. So I usually open the frig and look at what I have then remember what's in the freezer, take a peek at the pantry and it just comes together.

Then there are days where I pre-make so many things then realize I did not think about what to make for dinner and come up with some of the best meals from all the pre-made items like dips & spreads, pickled, marinated & roasted items. Love those days.

This is a recipe I came up with to add to my pre-made beet root marinated salmon ( Courtney of Gordon Ramsay ) 
I posted that on Instagram @enrichinglife. Looks amazing and tasted amazing.

 
Check out Gordon Ramsays ultimate home cooking for the recipe.
I served this on pan toasted chibatta bread slices with cambert cheese with an spiralized Asia Flare salad.

 


Here's what I came up with.

1/3 cup spiralized diakon radish
1 medium size spiralized carott
4 spring onions sliced 
Handful of bean sprouts
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ponzu sauce
1 package of wasabi roasted seaweed snack
Salt & pepper to taste 

Method: 
Toast sesame seeds in a pan on medium heat till light brown. They toast fast, be carful not to burn. Then put a side 
Spiralize both diakon radish & carrot. 
Slice 4 green onion length wise
Place those three ingredients in a bowl
Add sesame oil, ponzu, salt & pepper, handful of bean sprouts.
Crush the while pack of wasabi seaweed snacks with hand and add to bowl
Mix and serve on greens of your choice,

Snap peas, peppers and red onions would also be a great addition to this recipe if you wish. Taking a recipe and making it your own is something I encourage for everyone. After all, a recipe is only an example of the possibilities of what you can create with it. It's a base that can be manipulated. 

Some websites on Health benefits explained: 



So happy creating and may you be Nutritionally Well.


No comments:

Post a Comment