Wednesday 12 November 2014

Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine

Pin It!
I just love coming across a new food item. Maybe some of you have heard of these before. This is exactly the title of this post " edamame & mung bean fettuccine ".. 
Here's a look at the package


The best part of these is the nutrient content.
Just look at what these offer up per serving!

9 grams of fibre
21 grams of protein
27% iron
Not only is that higher than regular pasta but it is also considerably lower in carbs too


I think I've posted this with a few other posts that I rarely ever eat regular pasta. It just doesn't offer enough. Plus I get bloated and tend to over eat it, so to be able to eat foods that are highly nutritious is what I love and this item is just that.
Yum!

This is my first taste of them 


I just sautéed some onion, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms & tomato in olive oil & spices and tossed the pasta in and made my eggplant meat(less) balls..sprinkled with green onion & homemade vegan Parmesan cheese. 
The pasta is hardy as it cooks up al dente.
I encourage you to give them a try or any pasta made from beans. They are a nice alternative and an easy way to increase your nutrients plus not to mention you will most likely eat less as these are filling.
As always, may you be Nutritionally Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment