Thursday 22 January 2015

Sweet Popcorn

Pin It!

I'm not much for sweets but I do like popcorn. When I dehydrated a batch of sweet pink lady apples
I for some reason thought about adding peices of them combined with some cinnamon & sugar into some popcorn. Let's just say YUM. It was kinda like cinnamon toast meets apple pie. 
For those dessert eaters this might be a better alternative. Not wanting sweet? No problem, use any spice combination that suits your taste buds.. Here's the recipe to what I made. 


Ingredient's

1 tbsp coconut oil ( divided in 1/2 )
1/2 cup popcorn 
1tsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
Dehydrated apples ( homemade or store bought)
** use organic when possible**

Method

Add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil + 1/2 C popcorn to a pan with a lid.
Cook on med-low heat till popcorn has stopped popping & place into a bowl large enough to mix flavors.
Melt the other 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small glass container in the microwave for approx 25 seconds & add cinnamon & sugar to it and mix well.
Drizzle oil mixture over popcorn & mix it up so it incorporates thoroughly. I used my hands. A spoon works just as well of course.
Add peices whichever size you like & as many as you like of the dehydrated apples into the popcorn mix.
Serve & enjoy and may you be Nutritionally Well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment