Monday 19 January 2015

Cauliflower & Kale Crumble

Pin It!

I have to admit that this recipe was developed via another recipe that ended in disaster. However I find these disasters to be some of the most fun to work with and is usually simple & turn out quite tasty.
So I got to thinking about how many dishes we top with unwanted calories, saturated & trans fat & cholesterol. Items like store bought croutons, canned fried onions, simulated bacon bits etc. 
Sparring our bodies of these unhealthy chemically enhanced foods and adding tasty real foods will help our bodies naturally fight against chronic diseases. This is where I got inspired for this recipe. See why cauliflower is important to add to our diets.

Health benefits of cauliflower 

-Detox support
-Anti-inflammatory
-Antioxidants
-Cardiovascular health
-Digestive support
-Defence against cancer
-Full of many vitamins & minerals

Cauliflower - The World's Healthiest Foods

www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=13
You'll want to include cauliflower as one of the cruciferous vegetables you eat on a regular basis if you want to receive the fantastic health benefits provided by ...

***Kale belongs to the same family as cauliflower and offers ditto the health benefits.

Ingredient's

2 cups cauliflower rice 
1 cup kale
2 green onions
1 tsp garlic plus seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil

** use organic when possible**

Method

Rice cauliflower 


Chop kale (finely)


Chop onions


Add to a mixing bowl with spices 




Mix, add olive oil & mix again


Spread evenly out onto a baking sheet
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes

Top onto salads, soups, rice, pasta or even pizza.
I topped mine onto some coconut chickpea soup. (See below)
I think using this as a side dish is a great idea too.



 Here's the picture of the soup. You can also check it out on my Instagram account @enrichinglife 

As you can see its a very versatile recipe. The flavor choices are endless. Being I had so many flavors going on in my soup, I wanted a subtle flavor that wouldn't be over powering.
The options are yours and I hope you find this as nummy as I did, and if not please tweak it to what suits your taste buds. Most of all may you be Nutritionallywell.. Eat more Fruits & Veggies 








No comments:

Post a Comment