Sunday 7 June 2015

Coffee Nice Cream

Pin It!



Today my husband & I went on a long hike in the park across the street from our house. It's always wonderful and the weather is really hot. I was thankful for all the shady tree spots I must say. Keeping hydrated is key especially now that the hot weather is sticking around. However beside downing some more water after we got home I wanted something even more refreshing. So creamy nice cream it was. Try keeping frozen bananas in the freezer among other fruits during the hot season. They come in handy not only for making nice cream but sorbets and other refreshing snacks. Frozen grapes are one of our favourites to just grab and pop into our mouths on hot days. 
This is a great post workout snack as well. See below for examples of ingredient options.

Ingredient's 

2 C frozen bananas
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp walnuts

Method

Blend using a high speed blender. I use my Vitamix.
Add more walnuts and/or coffee if you prefer. I topped ours with both & it was so delicious. 
Other great flavours to add could be a protein powder, nut butters, other nuts, seeds and Maca root powder. Coffee goes with anything right? :) 

Hope you enjoy and may you be Nutritionally Well.



No comments:

Post a Comment