Sunday 24 January 2016

Veggie Legume Patties

Pin It!






Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cooked organic sprouted bean trio ( mung beans/adzuki beans/green lentils )
**( I got mine from Costco ) 
1 1/2 roasted red peppers ( jarred )
1 cup spinach
1/3 cup red onion
1/2 cup white mushrooms
1/2 cup oat flour ( or flour of choice ) 
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
**use organic when possible**

Yields approx 6-8 patties
** depending on the size you choice. I ended up with 7


Method

Cook legumes according to their package. Drain, rinse & set aside in a mixing bowl.
Chop onion, mushrooms, spinach, garlic & roasted red pepper and add with the salt & paprika to the legume bowl.
Place the mix into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds till the texture is chunky careful not to puree. ( I choose to chop my ingredients first and then mix in the bowl before placing in my kitchen aid to avoid one ingredient over mixing from the other. You can of course throw it all in without pre-chopping if you wish ).
Add the mix back to your bowl and mix in the flour. Cover and refrigerate anywhere from 1 hour to overnight.

 

When you are ready to cook them, heat a cast iron pan or pan of your choice to medium low heat. 
Meanwhile divide and roll mix into balls. 
Add your oil to the hot pan and place 2-3 balls depending on your pan size ( you can place even more if that works ) and flatten each one to resemble a patty shape. Thickness is your choice. Continue until each are cooked.


Serve on your favourite bun, bread or on some leafy greens as I did.


**Tip: Pre-making dips, spreads & sauces at the beginning of the week really comes in handy. They can be added to many meals throughout the week. I've used some of my favourites on this burger that are also on the blog. Tomato & Onion Jam, Garlicky Mixed Greens Pesto, Probiotic Cashew Cheese and my Spinach Artichoke Dip that I just realized I make all the time and I've never posted it. WHAT? It's pretty much 2 cups of spinach, 1 can of artichoke hearts ( water drained ) 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp lemon juice. Chunky, Creamy & Yummy. Must get to posting that one. 
However anything you choose to top your burgers with will work all the same. 
Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment