Monday 30 May 2016

Corn & Carrot Cackers

Pin It!





I've been meaning to post more dehydrator recipes, but I as usual never write most of my recipes down. Part of the point of this blog was to create my own recipe book ( so to speak ). It's hard sometimes because I know what I want to make and I just start by grabbing ingredients and mixing it all up. That's the best and most fun for me. But then when I love something I made I can't ever master it again unless I do write it done. So here's one I loved!!! And wrote the recipe down. 

Ingredients:

1 cup carrots ( approx )
1 cup corn
1 cup kale ( as much as you can squish into the cup )
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes ( in oil )
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water ( filtered )
**use organic when possible



Method

Add all ingredients to your high speed blender ( I used my Vitamix ) and blend till the mx is puréed. 
Pour the mix onto your dehydrator sheet and spread it out evenly. At this point you can sprinkle with some additional toppings if you wish. I added a bit more salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and broccoli seed powder. The option is yours.
Dehydrate at 140 for approx 12 hours. 
Once done cut with a pizza cutter to the size and shape you desire.
I served mine up with some spinach artichoke dip. So yummy.
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment